105 Captivating Informative Essay Topics (2021 Edition)
To write an informative essay is not as difficult a task as it might seem to college students. Especially if you know how to do it properly. The first step is choosing the topic. Students often neglect this procedure and take the first available one. However, do not underestimate this vital stage. Students who pick inappropriate informative essay topics, might fail the whole task. In this article, we will explain how to choose an excellent informative essay topic. Also, you will get informative essay ideas list prepared by our paper writing service to select from. You may either check them for inspiration or select one and start writing.
Choosing Informative Essay Topics
The purpose of an informative essay is to educate or inform a reader about a particular notion, idea, phenomenon, case, etc. There is no need to express your opinion or provide argument in informative essays. However, just telling everything you know will also not make a good paper. You will have to make research and find basic and interesting details. Informative essays have different functions. By nature, these papers can be cause and effect, process analysis, compare and contrast, definition, description, interpretation, problem solution.
For example, analysis of the process or cause and effect essays are required in technical classes. Compare and contrast papers are common for literature and English classes. Thus, make sure you understand the requirements before informative essay writing first. Then, pick the pertinent idea for your paper. Follow these simple steps to choose great informative essay topics.
- Understand the assignment. Read the guidelines attentively to ensure you have a clear understanding of what informative writing type is needed.
- Brainstorm. If you cannot choose only one, write down all the ideas that come to your mind. Create your own list of informative essay topics.
- Check essay topics online. In case you are out of ideas, you may find topics to write about in social media, think of social issues (such as global warming, world war, gun control issues, college education, healthy foods), or check lists of informative essay ideas online.
- Make research and choose the best idea. Narrow down your list and find all the necessary information for your informative essay. Do not forget to take notes when researching.
- Create a thesis statement. After you have made up your mind with a topic for your informative paper, formulate its main idea. Good informative essay should have a strong thesis statement.
- Draft an outline. Write down one main idea for each body paragraph of your essay. After this, organize them in a logical order to cover your informative topic comprehensively.
Good Informative Essay Topics
Let’s get to the point. We have created a comprehensive list of informative essay topics. It contains the most exciting topic ideas for informative paper writing. You will be able to find easy informative essay topics in it as well as essay topics for high school and topics for college students. Check it out!
Look through these informative essay topics for middle school students and choose the best one.
- Raising squirrels as pets
- The history of Marvel’s comic books (one of them)
- National Parks and their importance
- Significance of wearing school uniform
- Explain why minerals and vitamins are vital for a teen’s life
- Influence of TV shows on children
- Ways to weave a basket
- Reading a map in the woods
- Effective ways to get the best grades
- Spending last summer days on a beach
- Evolution of video games
- The best dream interpretation
- How does it feel to live in another country?
- What do dog shows look like?
- My trip to Disneyland.
These informative essay topics for high school students will impress any teacher.
- Describe a particular epoch of architecture
- Discuss a specific period in history
- The fastest developing cities in the United Kingdom
- Military branches
- Civil War generals and their achievements
- How does nuclear power work?
- Our life in the closest future
- Most interesting & rich cultures of the world
- Irish/Scottish folklore
- The history of the Bible and its main characters
- Discuss the way your educational institution was founded
- Does Voodoo magic really exist?
- How does it feel to work in a fast food industry?
- Treatment doctors use to cure mental disorders
- How to win a title of the Prom Queen
- Professional sports stadiums around the world.
Check 15 good informative essay topics for college students.
- Music censorship: reasons to forbid a band
- Causes of Diabetes among teens
- Evolution of the English language
- Consequences of global warming
- Effects of earthquakes
- Lesser known Presidents
- What is considered an ID theft?
- Is the FBI effective against criminal authorities?
- What are the 3 branches of the United States government?
- Factors to help choose a future career
- Higher education in Harvard, Yale, and some other top universities
- The most recent IT innovations
- The latest astronomy discoveries
- The significance of recycling the waste materials
- Democracy as the preferred form of government.
These informative essay ideas can be used by both high school and college students. The issues can be explained differently based on the level of your knowledge and academic level.
- Joining gaming industry
- Things that cause eating disorders
- The role of censorship in modern society
- Outcomes of the environmental degradation
- Recent popular advertising campaigns and their effects
- Various types of cancers and their influence
- Who are the youngest world’s billionaires?
- What can a government do to stop child abuse?
- Causes and outcomes of the Black Lives Matter movement
- Is there a way to prevent high school bullying?
- Provide valuable reasons why it is important to study
- A regular psychologist’s session
- How has the global lockdown affected the world and economy
- Causes & effects of water pollution
- Near-death experiences.
Select one of fresh informative process analysis essay topics for your class.
- How to mow the lawn
- Methods to handle insomnia and other sleep disorders
- How to get rid of the bad habit
- How to plan an excellent party
- Healthy ways of losing weight
- Trips and tricks on how to gain extra weight
- Tricks smart students use to find a nice roommate
- Pitching a tent in the rainy forest
- Camping without facing problems with dangerous insects
- Ways to stay sober on Saturday Night
- Applying various complicated math formulas to solve some assignments
- Methods professionals used to get their dream jobs
- How to get the most attractive rental deal
- Back to school preparation tips.
- How to make a persuasive student’s speech.
These interesting informative essay topics will help to get reader’s attention.
- Violence on a college campus and ways to deal with it
- Reasons that lead to high rate of homelessness
- Cause of high unemployment rates in the countries of the Third World
- Anorexia Nervosa cases among young girls
- Overcrowded jails and their inhabitants
- Doing everything possible to increase the level of cybersecurity
- The real cost of university library textbooks
- Teen pregnancy: factors that cause this phenomenon
- Illegal immigration from Mexico & its consequences
- What are some ways to overcome stressful situations?
- How can a government help people living in poverty?
- What leads to caffeine addiction?
- Things that cause phobias in little kids
- Consequences of World War II
- Factors of racism in the United States.
Choose one of these easy informative essay topics to create an impressive informative essay.
- Vegetarianism issues
- Interpreting domestic violence
- Discussing basketball
- The dangers of texting while driving
- Making tattoos
- The art of cinematography
- For & against prostitution
- Plastic surgery
- Organ donation: pros & cons
- The role of nutrition in modern life
- Michael Jackson: life & death
- Homosexuality & its consequences
- Gambling and its outcomes
- The outcomes of drinking several energy drinks per day.
General Tips on Informative Essay Structure
An informative essay has classical 5-paragraph structure every high school student knows. Start with an introduction that presents your topic. A good informative essay should also have a strong thesis statement, which is the main idea of your informative essay. Proceed to the main body paragraphs. There should be at least three body paragraphs, with each having a topic sentence. End your essay with a conclusion part. Restate your thesis statement, summarize the main points discussed, and give a general conclusion.
Mind that an informative essay aims to inform, not persuade. For this reason, present information in a bias-free manner. Also, choose pertinent informative essay topics, those that do not require you to express your opinion.
Informative writing can be exciting if you choose informative essay topics that are interesting for you. Thus, do not underestimate this process. If you are not sure how to pick the best idea for your paper, follow the steps described above. You may also choose one of the informative essay topics from our list as well as check cause and effect essay topics we have prepared for you. You can either choose one and start writing or take the idea and adjust it according to your preferences. In case you need recommendations either regarding topic choice or essay writing, you can try professional writers’ help.