Step-by-Step Guide on How to Write Good Academic Papers Easily
- Step-by-Step Guide on How to Write Good Academic Papers Easily
- Good Academic Paper Writing
- 10 Rules How to Write Academic Paper Successfully
- Main Parts of Writing Process
- ✔ Selecting Good Topic
- ✔ Brainstorming All Ideas
- ✔ Doing Research
- ✔ Writing Thesis Statement
- ✔ Making Good Outline
- ✔ Creating First Draft
- ✔ Revising an Academic Work
- ✔ Editing Your Paper
- ✔ Proofreading Your Work
Do you know what is an academic paper? During studying at university, students have to write a lot of academic papers in many subject fields. They have to write essays, research papers, analysis papers, informative essay, etc. The main purpose of writing these academic papers is to teach students to express their thoughts and share opinions on a certain paper topic. To complete an A-level project, you should think logically to explain your opinion and prove it with clear arguments. So, it is a must to develop analytical thinking and an ability to build contact with the reader.
Good Academic Paper Writing
Most of the students don't like to work on such assignments because they see it as torture. They wait until the deadline and make their papers on last night without getting a clear idea of what they are doing. Sometimes, students prefer to contact custom writers to get help with writing from professional essay writing services. We have created this detailed guide to explain the process of writing and the goal of making specific paper.
Needless to say that creating a 500 words essay or another original academic project shouldn't be associated with the nightmare. Students should treat the whole process of writing as a good chance to discover something interesting from a certain course. Academic paper writing should be something exciting and even challenging to do. If a student has the freedom to find and choose a killer topic, and to express his/her own ideas in work, the process of writing transforms into a great challenge that is interesting to take. Writing an academic paper develops many skills.
Students learn to think critically, express their thoughts, make some research work, search and gather important information, analyze facts. You should use an opportunity to show that you are familiar with the subject and you can analyze information. Also, it is necessary to demonstrate an ability to prove your standpoint with persuasive evidence.
Do you think that writing isn’t your strong point? Do you still start panicking when you are assigned to complete an essay or some other written assignment? Keep reading this effective guide! We will provide you with useful tips on how to write high-quality academic papers that will make a positive impression on your tutor. If you understand the goal of writing and understand the entire process, creating good work doesn't seem a big problem. Follow simple step-by-step instructions and create good work to impress even the most demanding tutor!
10 Rules How to Write Academic Paper Successfully
It is a misconception that writing essays is as easy as ABC. There are certain rules you should follow when writing an essay or some other academic paper. If you get started without having a good paper sample and having no idea what rules to follow, you are likely to fail. No worries! We have prepared a list with the most important rules, which you need to take into account when creating original work. Every author follows certain writing rules before publishing his/her ideas.
If you want to impress your audience, have a look at the easy-to-follow rules for writing:
- You need to define the goal of writing your academic paper. The main purpose of any kind of paper is to analyze, inform the readers of some news in the related subject field. What kind of news? While conducting research you have found out about some publishing that informs about new discoveries related to your paper topic. Define the goal of your piece of writing right after you choose a topic for your future work.
- Consider your audience that will read your academic paper; think about how you can catch their interest with good attention grabbers and engage people with your ideas. You should think creatively and brainstorm unique ideas that will help the audience to understand that you, as an author, have your own voice.
- Needless to say that your work must be written with a clear point of view. That's why you have to reflect the main purpose of your paper in the thesis statement. Make it short but powerful. It should contain a strong statement. The whole paper idea is to generate a thesis statement and support it. The reader shouldn’t have any doubts that your paper is senseless and your thesis doesn’t contain any valuable opinion.
- You need to focus every single paragraph of your future work on the thesis statement. This will help you to avoid including unimportant and unnecessary information in the article. Being clear and concise is the most effective strategy that will definitely bring you success when publishing your piece of writing.
- You have to structure information to follow standards of writing. This is the best way to make your work logical and understandable to readers. It will help to avoid chaos in your paper. Think about your room. Do you like when everything is in order and all things are in their own places? The same is here. Each line of your article should be in its own place, each new chapter should contain new information, every argument should be connected with the previous thought.
- Make sure each paragraph of your article supports the thesis statement and the topic. Feel free to bring description, facts, examples, personal experience, and opinions of experts or quote sources to support your argument. Before mentioning the fact or using some examples, make sure that they are true. On the Internet, there are many sources, which contain false information. Of course, you can use the Internet to look for the information on your topic. Today, it is easier to go to the online library than to spend time visiting your local library. However. when using the Internet, check whether the source is credible. Pay attention to the rating of the site and give preference to the sites related to education.
- Provide your readers with a clear and complete explanation of ideas and thoughts you are going to write in your work. This is important for them to understand your paper. It is better to present your ideas in the very beginning, in the introductory part of your work. Tell about the key purpose of writing this paper and make it clear why it will be useful for the reader to spend time on getting acquainted with your research.
- Conduct detailed research before writing. Use reliable sources while writing your article to support your own opinion. Don't forget that it's important to cite all sources properly. You need to check guidelines for the proper citation. Otherwise, your tutor may think that you want others to think that these are your thoughts not of somebody else.
- Follow all the guidelines to use proper style and format (e.g., APA, MLA or ASA format) in accordance with all requirements about your work. Remember that not only brilliant content influences the grade. Formatting plays an important role in the evaluation process of any academic project.
- Use a natural writing style to make your work clear, understandable, and easy to read for the audience. Avoid using banal phrases that can do nothing good. If you don’t want your reader to get bored, always be yourself and use examples from life that may be useful for the reader. You have to check the article for grammar, spelling and logical errors. Proofreading is the final step you need to make. The work containing mistakes will never be evaluated positively.
Main Parts of Writing Process
If you want to know how to write good academic papers, it's important to understand the main steps of the process. We suggest following these steps to create perfect paper:
- Select the subject;
- Brainstorm ideas about writing your future work and good titles for essays;
- Conduct careful research of the chosen field
- Discover a thesis statement;
- Create a clear plan (outline for essay) of your writing;
- Write the draft of an article;
- Revise the finished work;
- Edit your text;
- Proofread your article.
We are going to provide you with full instructions about each and every step. Keep reading our guide designed with the education purpose. Create interesting and clear content without problems!
✔Selecting Good Topic
Sometimes, your teacher may provide you with a list of topics for writing, and in some cases, you will have to select a subject for your future writing on your own. Try to find a subject you are interested in. Make some ideas, and narrow these ideas to topics. For example, you may write about preventing ocean pollution, the importance of management, economic analysis. These are not topics because they are very broad. You can choose the more concrete question to write about. For instance, “ Does education influences career opportunities?” or “ Can a person succeed in life without getting a good education?”
A good idea is to write your topic as a question. This is the best way to turn readers' attention as well as define the main goal of your future work and understand what kind of issues you need to review inside. This is a list of signs of successful topics:
- You bring a question that doesn't have just one simple answer, but it may have several answers.
- Your audience cares about the answer to the question of your article.
- Your work provides readers with a new perspective, and topic motivates the audience to read the entire article.
- You are involved in the topic.
- You have chosen an appropriate topic for your future academic paper – if you will say too little or very much, you won't get successful work.
- You have information to write an article on a chosen topic. If you have not enough information, wide your subject, and if a lot, you have to narrow topic.
✔Brainstorming All Ideas
This step means writing down all opinions, questions and related information to your topic. This step allows you to understand what you already have about your topic, and what information you still need to find. Brainstorming helps to keep all your ideas together.
This is an important part of writing you need to do constantly during the writing process. If your research leads you in a bit different direction, you can change the topic a little. These are three important things you must keep in mind while making research.
- Don't forget to plan your research before you start the writing process.
- Follow schedule: at the beginning make preliminary research, and start working on your article, and go back to the research process if you need.
- Make notes about the sources. Write down the address of the education website or bookmark of every reliable source that you may use in your work.
✔Writing Thesis Statement
This is the most important sentence in your work that provides readers with the main idea of your entire article. We are going to provide you with important things you have to include in the thesis.
- Your thesis contains the main idea of your paper (work should contain one idea).
- A thesis reflects your own opinion - if someone reads your thesis, he or she has to understand the main goal of your article.
- A thesis statement should answer the research question.
- If you want to create successful work, include something interesting into thesis to surprise your audience.
- A thesis should be clear and well-understandable to people.
- All sentences of your future work must support the thesis, and all the thoughts you put into an article should be connected to it.
✔Making Good Outline
It's very important to make a detailed plan for your future article before writing. Creating work without a clear outline is the same as traveling without a map. It means you don't know where to start, how to go, and where to end your paper. Thanks to outline, you will not face such problems, and spend much less time with writing. You will not lose important details and thoughts. The more details you write into the outline, the less time you will spend on writing entire work.
When you are creating an outline, follow the structure of your future work. Keep in mind that your article contains three main elements: introduction, main part, and a conclusion.
- An introduction on an essay is a short part that provides readers with brief information about your work. It's important to make this part interesting to catch people attention and motivate them to read the entire paper. You need to give some facts to readers to understand your topic without making this part boring. The introduction contains a thesis statement.
- Body part consists of several paragraphs, depending on your article's length and purpose. You should remember that every single paragraph must contain one idea to support the thesis. It's difficult for readers to be focused on long articles, that's why you shouldn't make very long paragraphs. We suggest writing each paragraph not longer than ¾ of the page.
- The conclusion is the shortest part of your work that sums up everything you said and shows the significance of an article, providing readers with a rephrased thesis. Don't make your conclusion very long. Check out you are not providing your audience with any kind of new information in this part. View our conclusion examples to get a full picture.
✔Creating First Draft
Read these important tips and use them during writing article.
- Follow outline during writing and re-read all information about an introduction, body part, and the conclusion we provided above.
- Read some information about how to use material from sources.
- During writing, don't pay your attention to grammar, misprints or any other details that can distract you from the process. Your main task is to follow your thoughts according to an outline.
- Avoid plagiarism – don't forget to mention the source if you use someone's words.
- Plan your time beforehand, and don't try to make your work at the last minute; if you don't have time for creating worthy paper, another option is to order it online. Writing is a serious process that requires a lot of time for planning, creating, and revising; this is one of the secrets on how to write good academic papers.
✔Revising an Academic Work
After you completed your draft, it's time to revise your work. Follow these tips to revise paper:
- Get feedback from classmates or other people, including relatives, teacher, or colleagues. Listen to what they said and make changes in your work, if needed.
- Re-read all requirements from your teacher, and check off what you already did, and mark things you still need to work on.
- Make an outline of your draft to check if you have organized all ideas clearly.
- Read every sentence of your work to check out it supports the thesis statement, and change all inappropriate sentences.
- Read your work to check out each body paragraph supports topic.
- Imagine that you have never read this paper before, and try to figure out what questions and comments your readers may have. Your audience should be attracted to your work.
✔Editing Your Paper
Whether you are writing articles for a journal or creating a homework essay, you need to edit the finished work to make it easier to read and more precise. Follow these steps:
- Read your article out loud slowly and mark repetitions, wordiness, and misprints, which you have to correct.
- Use online sources to check spelling and grammar.
- Each and every sentence of your work has a proper structure.
✔Proofreading Your Work
You have to proofread your academic paper to avoid any careless mistakes, and we suggest having some rest after writing an article (at least the one day) and start proofreading with fresh eyes.
In this guide, we provided you with detailed information on how to write an academic paper. We hope our tips were useful, and our resources will help you to create strong work to get a high grade!
Seeking professional writing guidance? –This is just the right place!