Essay writing as a separate field in professional writing. Advantages and disadvantages of essay writers job opportunities. Reasons to become an essay writer. Professional writing can be considered true art and professional writers can be said to be gifted or constantly inspired, but in fact writing is a complex process and requires not only talent, but also certain education and a lot of practice.
Recently professional writing has become a separate field, and many universities around the world offer a major in Writing where students can chose from various types of courses – from writing of poetry to blogs or memoirs writing. Every genre requires a writer to possess a number of skills, and in certain fields it is extremely important to stick to the writing rules and format. One of such fields is essay writing: this industry has become very popular and quite controversial over the past few years.
Obviously, essay writers work at creating essays – pieces of writing that analyze certain topics or ideas. For an essay writer it is crucial to have strong analytical and critical skills and know how to express multiple ideas in a rather short writing form. Essays do not belong to the genre of fiction and do not require a professional to create brand new ideas. On the contrary, most often essay writers focus on viewing and evaluating existing theories and facts and give an academic opinion about the subject. If one aims to become a professional essay writer, either for business or for academic purposes, one has to keep in mind that the essay format does not allow writers to express their personal opinion about the subject matter. Personal opinion cannot be credible and can be easily falsified. Academic opinion, in turn, has nothing to do with personal judgments and has to be presented as an objective position based only on sound evidence. Writing an essay implies that a writer thinks rationally and logically and relies on credible sources, such as peer-reviewed articles and academic books, i.e. the kind of literature that presents original research. In comparison to personal opinion, academic opinion can be proved; this is why one of the requirements of essay writing is providing the bibliography and citations.
Working as an essay writer can be quite profitable as the demand for professionals in this field is constantly growing. If you are sure you have the ability to research and produce a high quality essay, you may start thinking about finding your perfect job. There are two options for professional essay writers: one can become either self-employed or get hired by a professional company. Since both options have advantages and disadvantages, it is necessary to decide which option works better for your personal needs and preferences.
Becoming a self-employed essay writer means that you have 100% of independence:
- You can manage your time according to your needs and have a very flexible schedule.
- You keep all your income, which sounds great. However, getting this income is possible only in case if you have regular clients and constant assignments. You have to be extremely good at writing so that this could help you create the necessary good reputation.
- In addition to writing skills, a self-employed essay writer needs to know how to promote him/herself, sell his/her services, and manage every project to get the most of it. Not everybody can do it intuitively, this is why a self-employed essay writer needs to become educated in the fields of marketing and management as well to be fully prepared for this career and have a chance to become noticed and get assignments.
If a person works for a company, he/she has a more stable position:
- The necessity in marketing services and managing project disappears because companies have professionals who sell their services.
- Employed essay writers do not have to worry about getting their assignments – companies take care of everything.
- However, you will never get 100% of a fee that a client has paid, so if you are not ready to share income with the company, you should reconsider your choice and priorities.
Why being a professional essay writer can be so attractive? Today professionals in this industry always can find work. New assignments are added to professional writing companies’ databases every minute, so essay writers always have freedom in choosing the assignment they are interested in. They always can chat with their clients and discuss all the details to make their work more effective. You will never be fully loaded with work unless you want this – being a professional essay writer lets you work on your own pace and take as many assignments as you need at the moment. The best thing about this job is that you can work from any corner in the world. You are always in progress and try to become better, you are constantly gaining new knowledge by doing the research, and you have a chance to share this knowledge with many other people. If you plan to write for academic journals, your essay writer experience will help you do a better job because you will already know everything about week and strong points of your writing and will have an opportunity to avoid any mistake. Professional essay writers always get their customers’ feedback, this is why they keep improving their writing skills. They never stop; they always set higher goals and do their best to achieve them. Everybody who wants to apply his/her degree and learn something new every day should consider this job opportunity because it always makes people keep going and creating.