Being a student is extremely hard. Not only do they have to attend all classes and submit difficult homework assignments and endless papers on time, but also they need to work, volunteer, and manage to have some personal life. As a result of such schedule, a lot of college students are stressed out and exhausted, which may cause even more serious problems such as insomnia, anxiety and depression, asthma, and even obesity. This is why it is very important to know how to identify stress and what to do to reduce stress levels or even eliminate it to improve mental health. What causes stress? First of all, stress is not always as bad as it may seem. When you are to give a speech in front of public, you are stressed, but this type of stress helps you concentrate and perform better. It may sound surprising, but sometimes stress is rather motivating. Moreover, it gives people more energy and sometimes even boosts their memory. However, when a person is constantly stressed, motivation is the last thing he/she thinks about. There are numerous things that cause stress: exams, work, financial problems, relationship difficulties, constant worry about children, friends, home, business, and many others. These situations that cause stress can be either real or perceived, but human’s body has the same reaction.
So how does one know that one is stressed out? Here are some of the stress symptoms:
Stress cannot go unnoticed. It manifests at 4 levels. Thus, it is important to know the symptoms for effective stress management:
- Stomach pains;
- Muscle tension or pain
- Lack of motivation;
- Inability to focus on anything;
- Alcohol abuse;
- Lack of appetite or overeating;
- Extensive smoking;
- Lack of motivation;
- Reluctance to communicate with people
- negative thinking
- lack of concentration
- longer time to complete usual tasks
Certainly, these are universal symptoms and can be signs of other health problems. But if you notice that you or your friend has a number of these symptoms, you should take measures and try to reduce or eliminate stress.
What are the causes of stressWhen in college students face numerous stressors, and they can be different for the freshmen and sophomore. We have made a research and created a list of the most common factors that can cause stress in college students. They can be divided into categories.
- Separation from family
- Beginning of independent life
- Living with people you do not know
- Campus life
- Academic assignments overload
- Exams and grades
- Finance and necessity to work
- Health issues due to academic overload, lack of sleep, and stress
- Private life
- Necessity to balance between college, private life, and work
- Fear of life after graduation
How to cope with stress
What are the ways to reduce stress? In fact, techniques that help people become less stressful are quite easy, and the most difficult part is to find time to forget about all other things and focus on your own health.
1. As always, being physically active is the best way to come back to your normal state. Find time to exercise.
2. Experts advise people to meditate: you could go to yoga classes or do it at home. Even a few minutes of meditation a day help you relax and your brain function normally. If you do not like meditation, find any other physical activity that you enjoy. If you like dancing, it is time to find your old dancing shoes and sign up for salsa classes. If jogging makes you feel better, find a beautiful spot where you would like to run and start doing it every day. Maybe, you have always been enjoying riding a bike but now you do not have time for that anymore? You do have time – riding a bike and not reading a new research article should become your priority. School is important, but you can forget about school if you are not healthy. When you move, you feel alive and forget about every single thing that causes stress.
3. When you are stressed out, you are depressed, and depression leads to reluctance to communicate with people. This may be a great challenge, but meeting with friends is important. Laughter is the best cure, and friends always make us laugh at all. Just dial your best friend’s number and invite him/her to go watch a new movie or just have a cup of sweet warm cappuccino – you will be surprised to see how a couple of hours with somebody else makes your stressful life less stressful.
4. Another thing you should care about is your diet. Improve People who eat good healthy food can easier cope with stressful situations. We understand that you do not have much time for cooking when you have a lot of assignments pending, but assignments can wait for a little, and your stomach cannot.
5. Do not forget about a good sleep. Do not sit the whole night before the exam in front of your computer. Your body needs to rest, and if you have problems with sleep, it is a big problem. Then you should find something that makes you fall asleep. What about some nice calm music? Put on your headphones, turn on some good old classic melody, and relax. Enjoy the sounds of music and do not think of anything else – it is always easier to fall asleep this way.
6. When you are extremely busy, there always must be something that calms you down and makes you happy. Find stress outlet, a source of your energy. Find a good book that will distract you from all other thoughts and live other people’s life even if these people are not real. Watch a good movie. Go to the theater. Forget about daily problems and go shopping to get new shoes, a new dress, or a new device for home or for your car.
7. Quite often life changes cause stress, but sometimes life changes relieve stress. If you feel that daily routine starts making you feel depressed, change something about your lifestyle. Take a day off and go out of town, call friends and have a party, start attending sewing classes – everything counts if it brings you back to life. There are some stressful periods in students’ life when they need to take a lot of exams and write a few papers. But this stress is natural and you should understand that. Take care of yourself and be healthy.
8. Support is important. Spend time with you family and friends, people who can support you, help you cope with your problem, and give advise.
9. Set realistic goals and make a plan. High expectations is among common reasons of stress. Thus, try to set realistic goals for yourself. Also, make a plan of reaching those goals. Step by step approach will help you identify areas for improvement.
10. Avoid tasks overload and manage your time. Manage your time properly and set priorities. Even when you have a lot of assignments to do, always find time for relaxation. As you know, All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.
12. Positive thinking. No matter the situation, maintain positive thinking. Concentrate on positive outcomes of any situation.
Recently professional writing has become a separate field, and many universities around the world offer a major in Writing where students can chose from various types of courses – from writing of poetry to blogs or memoirs writing. Every genre requires a writer to possess a number of skills, and in certain fields it is extremely important to stick to the writing rules and format. One of such fields is essay writing: this industry has become very popular and quite controversial over the past few years.
Obviously, essay writers work at creating essays – pieces of writing that analyze certain topics or ideas. For an essay writer it is crucial to have strong analytical and critical skills and know how to express multiple ideas in a rather short writing form. Essays do not belong to the genre of fiction and do not require a professional to create brand new ideas. On the contrary, most often essay writers focus on viewing and evaluating existing theories and facts and give an academic opinion about the subject. If one aims to become a professional essay writer, either for business or for academic purposes, one has to keep in mind that the essay format does not allow writers to express their personal opinion about the subject matter. Personal opinion cannot be credible and can be easily falsified. Academic opinion, in turn, has nothing to do with personal judgments and has to be presented as an objective position based only on sound evidence. Writing an essay implies that a writer thinks rationally and logically and relies on credible sources, such as peer-reviewed articles and academic books, i.e. the kind of literature that presents original research. In comparison to personal opinion, academic opinion can be proved; this is why one of the requirements of essay writing is providing the bibliography and citations.
Working as an essay writer can be quite profitable as the demand for professionals in this field is constantly growing. If you are sure you have the ability to research and produce a high quality essay, you may start thinking about finding your perfect job. There are two options for professional essay writers: one can become either self-employed or get hired by a professional company. Since both options have advantages and disadvantages, it is necessary to decide which option works better for your personal needs and preferences.
Unhealthy ways of stress management
When having stress and not knowing how to cope with it as well as not having right people by your side, student turn to unhealthy ways of reducing stress. Such approaches usually do not help at all or even deteriorate the situation. Here is the dangerous ways of reducing stress
- substances abuse
- gambling and gaming
- spending all day round on the Internet and social media
- over or undereating
- impulsive buying and flinging money around
Becoming a self-employed essay writer means that you have 100% of independence:
- You can manage your time according to your needs and have a very flexible schedule.
- You keep all your income, which sounds great. However, getting this income is possible only in case if you have regular clients and constant assignments. You have to be extremely good at writing so that this could help you create the necessary good reputation.
- In addition to writing skills, a self-employed essay writer needs to know how to promote him/herself, sell his/her services, and manage every project to get the most of it. Not everybody can do it intuitively, this is why a self-employed essay writer needs to become educated in the fields of marketing and management as well to be fully prepared for this career and have a chance to become noticed and get assignments.
If a person works for a company, they have a more stable position:
- The necessity in marketing services and managing project disappears because companies have professionals who sell their services.
- Employed essay writers do not have to worry about getting their assignments – companies take care of everything.
- However, you will never get 100% of a fee that a client has paid, so if you are not ready to share income with the company, you should reconsider your choice and priorities.
Why being a professional essay writer can be so attractive? Today professionals in this industry always can find work. New assignments are added to professional writing companies’ databases every minute, so essay writers always have freedom in choosing the assignment they are interested in. They always can chat with their clients and discuss all the details to make their work more effective. You will never be fully loaded with work unless you want this – being a professional essay writer lets you work on your own pace and take as many assignments as you need at the moment. The best thing about this job is that you can work from any corner in the world. You are always in progress and try to become better, you are constantly gaining new knowledge by doing the research, and you have a chance to share this knowledge with many other people. If you plan to write for academic journals, your essay writer experience will help you do a better job because you will already know everything about week and strong points of your writing and will have an opportunity to avoid any mistake. Professional essay writers always get their customers’ feedback, this is why they keep improving their writing skills. They never stop; they always set higher goals and do their best to achieve them. Everybody who wants to apply his/her degree and learn something new every day should consider this job opportunity because it always makes people keep going and creating.